Saturday, February 27, 2010

Loyal Loot Collective

I came across this group of alberta artists...the Loyal Loot Collective and wanted to highlight some of their art! its really functional and clever..


These Log Bowls are made from reclaimed wood (birch, willow, poplar, cherry, or mayday) with the original bark on the outside and glazed inside with bright splashes of colour. They are so pretty!





Once I began to search for Loyal Loot I discovered that they have gotten a lot of recognition in the US, their items are sold on a lot of online stores and written about in a lot of design blogs, and they have been on Good Morning America and Martha Stewart! I just get a sense of pride when I hear of artists from Alberta making it as artists internationally. They also made it onto Chatelaine's 80 Amazing Canadian Women to Watch.


1 comment: