Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bjork



This is not the first time I have blogged about Bjork and certainly not the last. I love her. She's so unique and really, a genius. If you hear the way she talks about music and the way she takes an obscure idea and makes it work, its amazing. But today I am strictly talking about her style.

Bjork is bold and brave. Her style is a direct expression of her creativity and personality. So much colour and texture and full of oddities. I had a really hard time choosing which outfits to feature. They are all so so different from each other and brilliant in their own way. I've been reading what others have to say about her wardrobe and of course there are always those who just don't get it and find them bizarre and weird (which of course they are) and those who just dig her style and really appreciate what she is doing for fashion. Each one of Bjork's outfits is a true art piece. And she becomes part of the art, she wears each one with such confidence that it becomes almost normal that she has a mass of pompoms on her head. I love this picture of her with Tom Ford and Stella McCartney at some fashion event, with jewels plastered to her face and sitting looking so unaware that she looks like a mystical creature from a planet of diamonds.

Everything she wears she does it with such grace, she is always so delicate and aggressive at the same time. She is a definite inspiration. There will be many photos featured today. Please enjoy and tell me which one you adore (or hate?) most! And a beautiful video to check out too:


















2 comments:

  1. i TOTALLY agree bjork is amazing......i have had a crush on bjork my whole life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow cool blog!! I guess this is what happens when I stay up late and take the time to actually see what people are up to! I love these photos of Bjork. She is so crazyawesome!

    ReplyDelete