Friday, January 29, 2010

I Heart The Knife

Colouring of Pigeons by Rabid Records

This new song, Colouring of Pigeons is part of an Opera that they are putting out in March! I think its amazing! So many layers of greatness and such a complex work. This is just one song out of it. The entire opera has just been posted on pitchfork here. I haven't yet listened but plan to while I do some work today

While I'm raving about The Knife I might as well highlight some of my favourites that caught my attention. Of course there's the now popular Heartbeats which I first heard accidentally by adding it to my mp3 player (yes Ipods had not even come out yet, or if they had were unattainable in how expensive they were) because my roomate Bre had received it from her friend in Scotland and it wound up on my computer. I heard it one day when my player was on shuffle and couldn't get enough for it for that entire summer and have been loving it ever since. almost four years later. I usually have a way shorter attention span for songs and if I overplay them I start to hate them, but not this one. The video is radical too...



This is my favourite video by The Knife....Marble House made by stop motion animation in the style that Fantastic Mr. Fox was made. So intricate and detailed!



And this song is remixed with Ratatat and I think its awesome as well...We Share Our Mother's Health. Someone posted it on youtube to this old movie "Susie The Little Blue Coupe" in the same animation style as "A Brave Little Toaster"...so cute! not sure it goes with the song, but its charming anyhow.



and finally....my favourite based on the pure weirdness of it...Pass This On. A good song too, I love the steel drums kind of gives it a Caribbean feel



So...Which one is your favourite??

No comments:

Post a Comment