Tuesday, May 11, 2010

wall decals....cool or tacky?

So I'd really like some wall paper after my post of really cool wallpapers.....but I have a rental apartment so its not really practical. But I have a lot of blank wall space since I have a studio with just one big room. Pictures help but then its hard to organize them on a big wall.......so I was thinking of alternatives and thought these could either look really cool or really cheap and tacky like if they started to peel off and fall down or some of the more "object" ones look weird. If I got some I think I would get the big trees in a dark grey a few shades darker than my walls currently are.....and put them behind my pink pink couch. or...on the wall behind my work space....Let me know what you think!





I like this one the best I think....



but I would probably get it in the 4 trees instead of 6...



I also like this one....


and this single tree looks pretty cool if you put it in the right placement....



kind of cute....i really like owls...



but see this one, maybe because its in colour i don't know but with that person in front of it now it kind of looks like its in an elementary school or something? too childish....arts and craftsy....i wouldn't want mine to turn out like that.....

3 comments:

  1. the trees would look so nice in gray, and owl-y looks friendly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all! Especially the birds and the owl. We are going to paint a mural in the kids' playroom, and considered decals, but decided we really wanted to do it ourselves. Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete