Sunday, October 18, 2009

My First Pie!




I made my first pie yesterday and it was so easy and so tasty!! It was cranberry & apple since I had a bag of fresh cranberries in my fridge that I forgot to bring home to make with turkey on thanksgiving!

So here is the recipe:
ok i can't take credit for the crust, i cheated and bought the frozen pie crusts(they come in packages of 2) and I wasn't sure how you made one of the crusts into the covering of the pie, but you just let it thaw for like 20 minutes, flatten it and then when your filling is in you just spread it over top!

For the filling I just added the package of cranberries and 2 granny smith apples chopped up, 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tbs flour, sprinkle of cinnamon and nutme
g. You just stir them all together and then put them in the pie. I was supposed to add dabs of butter before putting the top on but i forgot and it still tasted good
so if you want it extra buttery you can add that too...

and then baked it at 425 for about 30 minutes and voila!
and now I have filling left over so i have to buy another crust to make another one! yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yummers. that's a good looking pie. Nice website header too!

    ReplyDelete